Income Opportunities Fund - ICICI Prudential
ICICI Prudential Income Opportunities Fund
The need to invest in fixed income instruments stems from a conservative outlook and a need to earn regular income. By investing in government and corporate securities, investments intend to generate returns and seek to provide capital protection to investors, by zero exposure to equity markets.
ICICI Prudential Income Opportunities Fund, an open-ended income fund, invests in both short and long term debt securities of Government and the Corporate sector. Government securities tend to provide safety to the portfolio while investment in corporate debt securities seek to give that extra return on the credit spread over gilts. It seeks to earn maximum "total return" per unit of risk. Total return is made up of both interest income and capital gains on price appreciation.
This debt fund will aim to develop a well-diversified, high credit portfolio that minimizes liquidity risk and credit risk. It invests entirely in both, short and long term debt securities of the Government and the corporate sector. The maturity profile of investment in Government securities is actively managed in a manner to try and maximize capital gains based on the interest rate view.
- It aims to carry moderate risk and lower volatility as compared to pure gilt portfolios and is conducive to tap potential investment opportunity in a volatile interest rate scenario.
- Provides the potential to earn total return from both interest and capital gains.
- Focuses on capital gains & enhanced returns by utilizing volatility
- Active management of interest rate risk via the Government securities portfolio (High portfolio liquidity to enable active management)
This product is suitable for investors who are seeking* :
- Long term savings solution
- A Debt Fund that invests in debt and money market instruments of various credit ratings and maturities with a view to maximising income while maintaining an optimum balance of yield, safety and liquidity.
*Investors should consult their financial advisers if in doubt about whether the
product is suitable for them.
Open-ended Debt Fund
Regular & Direct
Retail- Growth, Dividend: Dividend reinvestment with minimum available frequency
Rs.5000 (plus in multiples of Rs.1)
Min. Additional Investment
Rs.1000 (plus in multiples of Re.1)
If the amount sought to be redeemed or switched out is invested for a period of upto 6 months from the date of allotment - 1%
If the amount sought to be redeemed or switched out is invested for a period of more than 6 months from the date of allotment - Nil.(w.e.f. 05 October 2015)
Redemption Cheques Issued
Minimum Redemption Amt.
Rs. 500/- and multiples thereof (provided that the minimum balance under a particular folio should not fall below Rs. 5000 under Retail Option and in case of Institutional Option redemption request can be made for any amount in multiples of Re.1/-)
Systematic Investment Plan
Systematic Withdrawal Plan